[cvsnt] Re: CVS or Subversion?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jun 29 12:59:18 BST 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:57:00 +0200, Marlon van den Berg
<marlon.vandenberg at molding.fico.nl> wrote:

>They want to make the change, because were getting a new Linux server which
>comes with Subversion and not with CVS installed on it.
>So you might say that they want it because it is 'new' and 'cool'.
>The next problem is that one of those people who want Subversion is the
>boss.

You could point out the difficulty of moving (loss of history, change
in working practice, possible downtime).

OTOH if you boss wants to do something you may just have to live with
it, unfortunately (I sympathise.. been there too often myself).