[cvsnt] Re: most stable version of CVSNT

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jun 30 07:15:11 BST 2004

Raheel wrote:
> Hi All, as you people guess that I didn't find any solution for my
> problem (plz see the thread "accessory repository root with CVSNT
> 2.0.41a"). I want to know that which is the most stable version of
> CVSNT to use without any bugs. Secondly, plz suggests about the user
> creation. I want to use pserver with my NT 4.0 OS. I have already
> created a user ("cvsuser") on my NT 4 server and it is also in
> administrators group. Then I create user in cvs (cvs passwd -a
> cvsuser -r cvsuer). It creats the user successfully and I logged-in
> too. But i am not been able to access my repository "test". It says
> that test/CVSROOT and other files are missing, while cvs already
> initializes the repository and files are there (I did checked the
> repository myself). So, plz tell me what should I do now? Should I
> revert back to some older (and out-dated) version?? Plz suggest.

Have you tried determining what is blocking CVS from accessing the
files?  File permissions, AV software, firewall software all could cause
something like that.

Just a thought:  Is the CVS service running as SYSTEM account?

It works fine for a large number of people--look to your machine
configuration for answers.  Check the event log.  List any AV or
firewalls you're running.  Try using a trace utility on your system to
see what file accessing is going on
(http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml).

--
Glen Starrett