[cvsnt] Cvs update/commit behaviour

Mikael Andersson manderss at dof.se
Tue Mar 2 07:03:50 GMT 2004

Hi

I regulary get sources sent to me which are exported from another cvs
repository.
I then update my local repository with the files.

I copy the sources to a directory containing the checked out local
repository
and commit.

The problem:
I get full releases so most of the files are not changed between
deliveries,
often only the cvs keywords differs (Header). Even if only keywords
differs
a new version is created in my repository.

In this case I would not like to create a new version on commit to ease
analysis
of what files have changed between releases. Is there a way to
accomplish this?

I get both text and binary files.

Thanks

Mikael