[cvsnt] Update showing CVS directories as unknown to repository

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Thu Mar 4 03:58:07 GMT 2004

I'm resending this email to the cvsnt list since it's cvsnt that is
actually doing it

==

Running Tortoise 1.6.5 (cvsnt 2.0.26) on XP Pro SP1 against a remote
CVSNT 2.0.23 server using sserver protocol.

This doesn't happen on _any_ other machines around the place using the
same version of Tortoise and the same OS - just mine. I have tried
removing and reinstalling Tortoise including removing any registry
entries relating to Tortoise and CVSNT on the client to no avail.

For the example I have a module called
1920-Mk6E+1680-Mk6 with sub directories of Z00-Firmware and
Z01-Bootloader. The Z00-Firmware directory has further subdirectories.

Doing a checkout and everything's fine.

If I do a CVS update it gives me question marks on the hidden "CVS"
directories as if they aren't in the repository. i.e. the output is
something like:

======
In C:\Projects\CVS Checkout\1920-Mk6E+1680-Mk6: C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q update -d -P
CVSROOT=:sserver:christianh at lunar:2401/EDMI

? CVS
? Z00-Firmware/CVS
? Z00-Firmware/CKSUMSPL/CVS
? Z00-Firmware/IEC870/CVS
? Z00-Firmware/LIBS6/CVS
? Z00-Firmware/LIBS6E/CVS
? Z00-Firmware/MapDecoder/CVS
? Z00-Firmware/S19TOBIN/CVS
? Z01-Bootloader/CVS

Success, CVS operation completed
======

It correctly updates things fine if they have changed. It just displays
the CVS directories as if they we part of the project.

Any ideas what could cause this? It might be nothing to worry but it's
quite frustrating to see it all the time when doing commits, updates
etc.

Thanks

CH