[cvsnt] Automating some basic functionality of CVSNT

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Thu Mar 4 15:44:39 GMT 2004

> What I would ideally like is for the production control
> folks to simply be able to copy a directory to a cvs
> active directory and have any changes checked into cvs
> by a script that runs as a scheduled task.

>From the silence you've probably already guessed that we don't know of
any off the shelf tools to do what you are outlining.

But I wonder - wouldn't it be easier to put the production systems under
CVS directly and then commit/merge/update from there without all the
copying?  That seems like an error prone step to me...

You would still have the recursive add issue but you are scripting
already so solvable.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation