[cvsnt] Re: performance problem with cvsnt client

Ludwig.Oefele at humantec.de Ludwig.Oefele at humantec.de
Fri Mar 5 07:36:53 GMT 2004

Hi!

I found out, that I can dramatically increase speed, if I use TCP/IP
compression (level 9). (using new wincvs with new cvsnt)
This makes sense, since there is a VPN over DSL line between my client
(WinXP) and the server (CVS).

But still there is a big disproportion between cvsnt (it needs 70 secs
now) and old wincvs (needs only 10 secs with compression and 50 secs
without).

Any explanations for this?

-Ludwig