[cvsnt] Re: performance problem with cvsnt client

Ludwig.Oefele at humantec.de Ludwig.Oefele at humantec.de
Fri Mar 5 11:35:57 GMT 2004

Hi!

Where is the cvsnt controlpanel applet?

I use cvsnt only as tool for windcvs. I use it as a cvs-client, the server
is original cvs on a Linux-Box (Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.10.7
(client/server)).
A client should resolve no names except the server's one (which I avoided
by using the IP-address -> no change )

Am I wrong?

Some more news:
Searching the controlpanel I found the option -t in cvs-command. Using it,
I found, that cvs is sending files all the time (spread over all the 70
secs before the result of the diff arises). Most of the files last very
short. but there are pauses at some of the files. What I want to say is,
that some lines message go very quickly over my screen, but some stay a
longer while before the next line appears.
It seems, that it are always he same files, that last longer, but I cannot
see why (it is not the size of the file and it also happens with files
with no modification at all).

-Ludwig