[cvsnt] Re: CVS vs. Subversion

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Mar 2 19:18:33 GMT 2004

TRI LE wrote:

> Anyone has a thought about the pro and con of them?

You might find this interesting:

	http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html

(I take no credit nor blame for the assertions on that page).

Myself, I have converted to Subversion for all of my personal development and
will probably be going that route for all of our corporate web site development
in the next month (now that 1.0.0 is out).  Actually, I am doing most of my
internal development using svk, which makes svn into a true distributed system.

	http://svk.elixus.org/

However, this is in no way a reflection on the fine work that Tony has been
doing with CVSNT.  We have been very happy and much more productive because of
Tony's extensions to CVS.  It's just time to move on to the next generation
system...

John