[cvsnt] Re: Building on FreeBSD

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 4 00:17:50 GMT 2004

John David Duncan wrote:

> The "installation on Unix" page for CVSNT states:
>
>    Installation on Solaris is currently broken - patches welcome

Oops that's out of date... I fixed solaris recently.

CVSNT is in the FreeBSD Ports system these days so any patches required
should be added automatically.  I recently did some work to make it work
OK on FreeBSD 5.

  1) in cvsdelta/cvsdelta.cpp at line 26, replace #include <netinet/in.h>
> with:
>   #include <arpa/inet.h>
>
> [ This is the POSIX standard header for htons(), htonl(), etc; it should
> work on linux ]

Another autoconf macro required I guess.  The stupid thing is I only
need it so that the binary conversion isn't endian sensitive...