[cvsnt] Client connection failing to cvsnt on a HP-UX UNIX box using pserver

Haitham Hamad Hhamad at LeprinoFoods.com
Mon Mar 8 20:40:53 GMT 2004

My clients are windows machines where I installed wincvs and tortoise
cvs. I am logging to the server directly via telnet when I did the cvs
-t -d comman which gave the same error I am getting from the clients

The cvs -t pserver command gives the error as soon as i type BEGIN AUTH
REQUEST

cvs -t pserver
  -> Tracelevel set to 1.  PID is 25421
  -> Session ID is 634d404cda783c19
BEGIN AUTH REQUEST
cvs [server aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN AUTH REQUEST
error

/etc/inetd.conf file on the server shows
cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/bin/cvs cvs -f
--allow-root=/webtest pserver