[cvsnt] Re: Client connection failing to cvsnt on a HP-UX UNIX box using pserver

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Mar 8 22:24:46 GMT 2004

Haitham Hamad wrote:
> It is even happening from wincvs when I try to login using admin->login,
> the console shows
>
> cvs -d :pserver:oracle at lep_000:/webtest login
> cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server lep_000 rejected
> access to /webtest for user oracle

That means that oracle isn't allowed to log into webtest.

Does HPUX use PAM?  It's possible you might have to setup a 'cvs' file as mentioned
in the wiki.  I'd reread the InstallationLinux page and make sure you've done all
the required steps.

It's looking like the server is working... it's just down to configuration now.