[cvsnt] cvsnt does not run on Windows XP Pro

Markus Kuehni markus.kuehni at trilab.ch
Tue Mar 9 19:57:36 GMT 2004

Hi

I'm currently trying to run cvsnt on Windows XP Pro SP 1 (Build 2600).

Everything installs fine and the service starts ok. But I just can't connect
to it. Neither with pserver, sserver, sspi nor ssh.

Tried cvsnt 2.0.26 and 2.0.34

I'm using a personal firewall (Tiny PF v5.5). But even when I uninstalled
it, cvsnt wouldn't connect. Other tcpip services run just fine.

I switched off impersonation, added full access to all directories
(repository, temp, program files\cvsnt)  - nothing helps!

Some error messages:

E:\workspace>cvs -d :sspi:localhost:/v2_prj version
cvs [version aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree
on an authentication scheme (got '')

E:\workspace>cvs -d :pserver:localhost:/v2_prj login
Logging in to :pserver:Markus at localhost:2401:/v2_prj
CVS password: ******
cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server localhost: -1: Unknown error

E:\workspace>cvs -d :ssh:localhost:/v2_prj login
Logging in to :ssh:Markus at localhost:22:/v2_prj
CVS password: ******
FATAL ERROR: Network error: Connection refused
cvs login: Couldn't connect to remote server - plink error
cvs [login aborted]: Connection to server failed

E:\workspace>cvs -d :sserver:localhost:/v2_prj login
Logging in to :sserver:Markus at localhost:2401:/v2_prj
CVS password: ******
(hangs - pressed ^C)
cvs [login aborted]: received interrupt signal

Any ideas?

Thanx,
Mark