[cvsnt] Re: CVS thinking CVS hidden directories are new

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 10 00:28:42 GMT 2004

Christian Hack wrote:

> Apparently this is a CVSNT bug according to Torsten of TortoiseCVS. I
> have attached Torsten's final reply declaring it's a CVSNT bug.

It's not a bug, in fact.  All versions of CVS behave identically in this
respect.

You've told it not to ignore anything, so it doesn't.  CVS has a default list of files that
it'll ignore, and the CVS directory is one of those.  Normally you wouldn't use
! to reset all the ignore files unless you were going to add some or all of these to
the list.  ! on its own is pretty drastic and has the effect you noticed.

It's just saying "this directory exists and you've told me not to ignore it" - it's nothing to
do with added directories or anything.