[cvsnt] Re: Troubles with set up

Craig Gaffney gaffney at rinstrum.com
Wed Mar 10 03:33:11 GMT 2004

G'Day Tyler,
	I tried sending this to you directly, but go no response. So,
here it is again.

	Again, following the example, I logged into the local machine,
fired up a command session, and typed the following (again, names have
been changed, blah, blah, blah)

C:> set cvsroot=:sspi:server01.local.company.com:/TEST<enter>
C:> cvs passwd -r DOMAIN\craig -a craig<enter>

I then got the following reply

cvs [passwd aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot
agree on an authentication scheme (got '')

The "real account name" has permissions to the cvsrepo directory, and
the server machine, as well as the eventual host machine, are on the
same domain.

Any ideas what this could be caused by?

Again, thanking you for your help,

Craig Gaffney
PC Applications Developer
Rinstrum Pty Ltd (formerly Ranger Instruments)
41 Success St, Acacia Ridge Qld 4110 Australia
Ph:     +61 7 3216 7166
Fax:    +61 7 3216 6211
Email:  gaffney at rinstrum.com
Web:    www.rinstrum.com