[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt does not run on Windows XP Pro

Markus Kuehni markus.kuehni at trilab.ch
Wed Mar 10 06:51:53 GMT 2004

Tony,

Thank you very much for the tips. Here's what I found out:

AV is NOD32 1.659 - disabling the POP3-Scanner and the On-Access Scanner
does not resolve it. I would not like to uninstall it.

Now the following is interesting:

E:\workspace>cvsservice -test
CVS 2.0.26 (Feb  9 2004) starting in test mode.
TEMP/TMP currently set to C:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp
Initialising socket...ok
Impersonation is enabled
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Socket Failed (Handle=ffffffff Family=23,Socktype=1,Protocol=6): An address
incompatible with the requested protocol was used.  (not fatal)
Registering service SPN... failed (Error 1332)
CVS initialised successfully

The PF shows it listening though:

Process:cvsservice.exe
Protocol:TCP