[cvsnt] cvsnt setup

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Mar 12 10:33:17 GMT 2004

> From: Kareem Ghazal [mailto:kareem.ghazal at electronicmagic.com]

For all of this, make sure you're logged on as an administrator.

> 1) how do I change the security settings for cvstemp to
> allows full control
> for all accounts including SYSTEM.

Get a Windows Explorer.

Right-click the directory, pick Properties, click the Security tab.

Ensure Everyone and System have full control (all the 'allow' boxes
ticked).  If you need to add either of these users, click Add... and
pick them from the list, then tick the appropriate 'Allow' boxes.

> 2) how do I create a group called CVSUsers on serverPC and
> how do I add all
> the CVS users as members of this group.

Admin Tools>Computer Management.  Expand Computer Settings, Users &
Groups, Groups.  Create the group, and add each of the users.  If you're
using a domain, pick their accounts from the domain; if you're in a
workgroup, you may need to create each one an account on your machine
with the same username and password as on their machine.

> 3) in the installation tips it says "login as administrator
> and right click
> on c:\cvsrepo and select properties. Click on the 3rd tab for
> permissions,
> and give full control permissions for CVSUsers and SYSTEM
> accounts", however
> when I right clicked on cvsrepo there was no 3rd tab for
> permissions, so how
> should I do that?

Either you're not on as an administrator or the partition's set up to
use FAT or FAT32.  You *must* convert it to use NTFS for CVSNT.  You can
convert an existing partition with the 'convert' command - fire up
Windows Help and search for convert, but the essential syntax is:

	convert /fs:ntfs c:

Hope this helps,

		- Peter