[cvsnt] Help me understand cvsnt before it get dismissed

Martin Cole martin at martinjcole.com
Fri Mar 12 14:54:27 GMT 2004

One of my projects is mSQL backend, using MSAccess frontend, so we have some
similar issues.

to answer your questions the best I can:

1/ Not necessarily, you can just check out part of the project, but
generally I keep the entire tree locally and do an update before editing

2/ If you make the module watched, developers must request edit permission
(cvs edit) which effectively passes them a permission token. Then any user
can use tortoise to do "cvs > show edited files" to know who (if anyone) has
the token.

3/ I would, and do on my projects

4/ Kinda depends on what you need to know - With respect to our database
code (in access) I implemented an export class that exports all queries,
classes, and modules to text files in an ".\Export" folder and I keep these
in cvs. This way I can use viewcvs to see code and sql changes. To get sql
exported, it must be visible in the access frontend.

Good luck
Marts