[cvsnt] Re: Recomended stable server / client versions

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Mar 14 17:26:43 GMT 2004

Martin Cole wrote:
> Some changes seem to be centric around client operations and others server
> operations.
>
> I was wondering if you would setup the stable version to show which the
> changes affect...

It's not that simple...  Pretty much anything which changes the client requires
an up to date server.  There isn't a clear division as the client is heavily dependent
on the server for almost every operation.

> The thing is, I have only limited access to our server room, and only want
> to "update" the server side minimally, I recently moved it to v2.0.26 I was
> wondering which chanves since 2.0.26 were pertinant to the operation of the
> server side specifically.

Only update if something breaks, or if you want a new feature.  There's no point in keeping
up to date if it's not going to give you any benefit.