[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt problem with NetBSD pkgsrc

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Mar 15 13:18:58 GMT 2004

Carl Brewer wrote:

> In this case, what is the correct, or most expected,
> thing for cvsnt to do?  Should it (cvsnt) mimic the
> original cvs functionality?  Is the original cvs
> binary guessing what to do in this instance?

Possibly... first I've ever heard of it, but it's not beyond
possibility.  cvsnt can't just 'guess', because all its authentication is
external - it could be anything.  If we guess pserver in this case, then
the client might not support it, and if that does, the server might not support
it.  Any idea what cvs is using for its search order when it guesses?  My guess would be
something like pserver,server,gserver but if I'm to try to make some kind of search algorythm
making it do things in the same order is probably a good idea.

The easiest thing to so is grab one of the changeroot macros and use that, or possibly
just a sed script...