[cvsnt] Failed Checkouts: Bad Address

Drew F. Sousa drew at wracked.com
Tue Mar 16 21:51:30 GMT 2004

Forgive me.  I should have included the basics:

We're running CVSNT 2.0.14 running on new Dell dual XEON w/ 1 gig of ram

Here is another example of the troubles we are having:
cvsTag: Executing command: "cvs -d
:sspi:XE-Build at cvs.edifecs.com:/usr/local/share/cvs/master -q tag -R
ValidatorBuild_642  commercedesk/lib
 eTools/TLB eTools/ThirdParties eTools/Validator eTools/bin eTools/build
eTools/common build >> z:/build/Validator/logs/build.log.cvs" in di
rectory z:

cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file CVS/Entries.Extra.Backup to
CVS/Entries.Extra: Bad address

>>I can't say that I've seen that exactly, but I've seen some oddities
>>with the CVS/Entries file under CVSNT 2.0.11 (no error messages, just
an
>>empty Entries file after some operations, always at the root level).
It

Drew F. Sousa wrote:
> Has anybody run into this before:
>
> cvs server: Updating
> IntTools/ECS2TGL/ECS2TGLLib/built/linux-ix86/Release
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file CVS/Entries.Extra.Backup to
> CVS/Entries
> .Extra: Bad address

Drew