[cvsnt] CVSNT install caused error in MS SQLSERVER startup

Al Williams donotreplydirect at usenewsgroup.com
Tue Mar 16 22:30:21 GMT 2004

I installed CVSNT v2.0.34 (standard install) onto a fully patched NT4 SP6a server running MS SQLServer 7.0.  CVSNT works fine, but now I get the following event 17052 crash in SQL's ssmsrp70.dll (ListenOn RPC Net library v7.00.961) on every reboot:

"Error: 17826, Severity: 18, State: 1 2004-03-15 21:52:09.48     ODS Could not set up ListenOn connection 'NTSERVER'..Operating system error 1899., The endpoint mapper database could not be created."

Our SQL connections (which use TCPIP ports) still work fine though.  I'm fairly sure this is because this issue is related to SQL Servers "multiprotocol" network library which we do not use.

As everything is working I'm not terribly worried about a fix but I'd like to understand what is causing the conflict and to see if anyone else noticed anything.  I can't see why SQLserver's "multiprotocol" library could have to do with CVS except maybe if it is something to do with RPC.

Turning off the CVS services didn't help and as I indicated the only thing I installed was CVSNT when this problem started to show up.  If anyone has any other ideas post back.

Thanks.

--
Allan Williams