[cvsnt] Problem setting up a CvsNT server on WinXP.

Jurko Gospodnetic mangled at to.avoid.spam
Wed Mar 17 08:16:45 GMT 2004

  Hi Bo.

"Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote in message
news:mailman.156.1079456404.4647.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> Far fetched idea maybe, but how about using the forward slashes that
> CVS is used to?
> Like:
> cvs -d :sspi:localhost:/Test version

  Tried that. :-(

> This of course will work only if you have (replace D:\Somepath with what
you have):
> 1) Set a RepositoryPrefix = D:\somepath
> 2) Created and initialized a repository folder D:\Somepath\Test
> 3) Added D:\Somepath\Test to the list of repositories served by this
server
> 4) Resarted CVSNT service

  Done that. :-(

> Instead of always specifying the CVSROOT on the command line you can do:
> set CVSROOT=:sspi:localhost:/Test
> cvs version
> cvs ls
> etc...

  Tried that as well, an also tried accessing the server through WinCvs.

> What do you mean by "Installing CVSNT under a user account..."????
> CVSNT is a system service and must run as SYSTEM, not in any normal
> user account context.

  Yup. I know. But while installing it I was logged in as a particular user.
At one point my idea was that the problem might be caused by the fact
that my username is 'Jurko Gospodnetic' (containing a space and one
'localized' character) which them somehow might get written wrong in some
configuration or other.

  In the meantime I managed to get it working with no problems on my
home machine which has pretty much the same configuration. The only
differences are in the exact software that is installed on the system. I
will
now try to make it work without Nod32 installed on my machine.

  Thanks for the help.

  Best regards,
    Jurko