[cvsnt] chacl -R in ampersand module

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_re-move at gmx.de
Wed Mar 17 12:48:54 GMT 2004

Hello CVSNT-developers,

I started to play with the chacl command during the past week and have
the following problem.

I use a module definition like

project   &dir1  &dir2  &dir3

which creates the following structure on checkout

project
   +--dir1
   +--dir2
   +--dir3

When I try a chacl -R command in the project directory, I get the
message

cvs server: cannot open D:/Repos/A/CVSROOT/Emptydir/dir1/.perms for
writing: No such file or directory

and the process seems to hang. When I look into the Repository on the
server I find that it has created a .perms file in CVSROOT/Emptydir,
which may cause more trouble because this directory is shared for all
kinds of uses by CVSNT.

For now i issue the command in all of the dir1, dir2, ... directorys,
but it would be nice if the recursive option would work with any kind
of module layout.

Thanks for your time,
O. Koltermann