[cvsnt] Re: Problem setting up a CvsNT server on WinXP.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 17 14:07:39 GMT 2004

Jurko Gospodnetic wrote:
>   Hi Tony.
>
> "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
> news:c39i5e$8d1$2 at paris.nodomain.org...
>
>>I would also encourage users affected by this to lodge a support request
>>with Eset, so that it stands a chance of getting fixed - they never
>
> replied
>
>>to me (possibly because I only have a trial copy).
>

>   I'd be glad to do so. Could you please post a complete description
> of the problem you'd like sent to them?

Basically describe your own experience (imon breaks cvsnt).

The reason is that imon breaks handle inheritance for sockets, as described in

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/handle_inheritance.asp

This is a basic system function (documented to work in all versions of windows since windows 95), so
there isn't any workaround that an application can do to avoid it (at least not one that doesn't involve
such ugly hacks it's not worth considering).

They have my source code - I don't have theirs, so they're in a position to fix it, and I'm not...