[cvsnt] delete from CVS

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 17 18:39:47 GMT 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:50:44 -0500, Dn <kumar_anjaly at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Bo
>
>Thanks for the response
>
>I think all this happened when I moved my repository from one server to
>another and then created my project from a version created in CVS.
>
>I did not notice this and I have a lot of uncommitted changes.
>
>When I tested the cvs update command like you said for an uncommitted
>program , it did not work the way u explained,
>
>I did not loose the uncommitted changes some how.
>
>i dont see any backup file with a strange name containing # at the start
>and end. where will this be normally?

Sorry,
I guess that the update with reset sticky (-A) option actually puts
your edits into the HEAD revision in your sandbox...

What I meant is that you should update, with get the clean copy option
(in wincvs there is a checkbox for this) command:
cvs update -C
This will put edited file contents in files with names like:
  .#main.c.1.8
and they will be in the same folder as the originals.
Sorry for the confusion.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)