[cvsnt] Re: ANN: CVS Diagnostic tool

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 18 01:01:35 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>
> Excellent--I presume it'll throw warnings on anything unexpected.  Not
> sure why it has the server version as 2.0.36? though -- it's 2.0.34
> loaded now.

It's designed to just dump the details so I don't have to keep asking the same
questions... just ask people to provide the output, and it'll help solve the
problem.

It says 2.0.36 because it's compiled into the binary... I added the questionmark
because it isn't accurate - when it's shipped with the installer it'll make a lot
more sense.

Hmm... Norton I see :)

Actually that reminds me I should really make a list of AV/Firewall apps that play
nice with CVSNT, rather than keep telling people to avoid them - eg. Norton is OK if
you turn off the realtime scanning, and from my own experience AVG works OK.