[cvsnt] Re: ANN: CVS Diagnostic tool

Aidan Corey aidan.corey at cafit.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 11:57:22 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Aidan Corey wrote:
> > I'm running AVG 7.0 Network Edition and a test CVSNT server on my
> > workstation.  AVG's realtime scanning is enabled.  Should
> cvsdiag detect
> > AVG?
> >
> Normally... it does on mine.  It detects the running avgcc32 process.

avgcc.exe (not avgcc32) is running, but cvsdiag does not report it.

I'm not sure if that's a reliable test anyway.  avgcc is just the UI,
and is started when I log on.  If AVG is configured not to allow users
any control, I expect avgcc won't run.

If I exit avgcc via "Quit Control Center" (sic), the two services
avgamsvr.exe (AVG7 Alert Manager Server) and avgupsvc.exe (AVG7 Update
Service) both continue running, as SYSTEM.  Maybe it would be better to
test for those.

Aidan