[cvsnt] Re: Can I use pserver on Linux and authenticate to Windows domain?

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Thu Mar 18 19:55:53 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Tim Carlson wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway I can tell the pserver to authenticate against AD
>> instead
>> of the local password file?  Or do I need to use some different
>> mechanism?
>

> It PAM is enabled then it will work the same way as for standard
> logins.  Create
> an /etc/pam.d/cvs file with the PAM setup you used to authenticate
> with the active
> directory.

FWIW, I have a similar setup working. I have added PAM entries so that
PAM allows authenticating through the winbind daemon. Winbind is part of
Samba and allows authenticating against an Active Directory server. So
the first step is to get winbind working, see e.g.
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/winbind.html.

-Torsten