[cvsnt] tagging / pre-tag checks - what is different to other cvs commands?

Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de
Fri Mar 26 11:30:56 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm using the CVSNT 2.0.34 on a Debian server, and access the server from
windows clients mostly running Tortoise. (cvsnt client 2.0.11 and 2.0.34)
Everything runs smoothly, but now I run into problems with tagging:

I'm working with a project and everything is o.k. - checkin out, cvs edit,
commit - the usual devlopment process.
But when I try to tag the module or folders in the module, I get a list of
the folders/subfolders with the error

Invalid repository path - /repositorypath/module/folder
cvs server: Pre-tag check failed

for each path and I don't see why - the path definitely is correct, (all
other operations work), neither an update or a complete re-checking out of
the module helps.
Weird enough, I already tagged before (the same module, but before
updateing the server to from 2.0.4 to 2.0.34), and tagging works fine on
other modules.

Does anyone has an idea how the pr-tag checks work and why they behave
differently, or what could cause that effect ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with regards

Markus Gebhardt

ETAS/ESC-ES
Borsigstrasse 14