[cvsnt] Server upgrade from 1.11.1.3 rc1 (Build 53) to 2.0.34

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Fri Mar 26 14:56:08 GMT 2004

> I'm concerned with the working copies that have
> been checked out from 1.11.1.3 and whose
> modifications will be commited in 2.0.34.
>
> The working copy format is compatible? Does anyone
> had any trouble with a situation like that?

You shouldn't have any ,v format issues to deal with on the upgrade.  We
went from CVSNT 1.11.X to 2.0.27 with no problems.  Older clients could
have troubles with some new information that CVSNT stores (like merge
points) but the ,v files will be fine.

I don't know of any backward compatibility issues with a 2.0.24 (the
WinCVS CVSNT version) and a 2.0.34 server but I suppose there could be
some in the WinCVS macros or something.  I don't use WinCVS myself
preferring the command line.  ViewCVS for windows R5 had problems with
newer CVSNT releases so I'm still running 2.0.27 in our office.

There's an upgrade Q/A in the FAQ on the cvsnt homepage:

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Upgrading

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation