[cvsnt] Locking in CVS

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Mar 26 22:14:48 GMT 2004

Israel Carlock Ureña wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed cvs server 2.0.36 and wincvs 1.3. as client, but I have
> some problemas with the performance, it turned out that the
> import/update/check out operation are too slow, I think it's the version
> that is up to date, but not stable... I have checked the network
> thoroughput by ping and t seems to be ok <10ms...
> The server is a windows nt 2000 professional server... I dont know
> what's going on...

Some people have reported poor apparent performance on some operations
when they have broken reverse DNS.  To test it out, try checking the
"Don't resolve client names" option in the control panel applet.  If
that cures the problem, then talk to your network administrator about
fixing reverse DNS in your domain.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett