[cvsnt] Re: cvs info missing :local: protocol

jerzyk at wndtabs.com jerzyk at wndtabs.com
Mon Mar 29 22:12:52 BST 2004

Tony,

> I'll look at it but it doesn't sound like it makes much sense to
> be there...

I am trying to use cvs info command to create CVSROOT string without any
hardcoding. If cvs info doesn't mention :local: it would mean that I have to
artificially "inject" the fake data to fool the whole parser that it is a
protocol after all.

In short - I prefer to move the "hardcoding" onto CVSNT side ;)

You can have a preview of the current simple parser in the latest WinCvs
1.3b17 and use it for testing if you like. Go to the Admin->Command Line,
then select "CVSROOT" from Enter combobox and press the Go button. In an
ideal world the local would yield similiar results to selecting :fork:
protocol - no keywords.

Best Regards,
Jerzy