[cvsnt] cvs edit without repository connection doesnt do local actions.

user at domain.invalid user at domain.invalid
Tue Mar 30 22:56:30 BST 2004

(This is repost from cvsgui NG - apparently more a cvsnt problem)

CVSNT version 2.0.24
cvs edit command

When remote repository cannot be contacted the following (correct) error is
reported.
cvs [edit aborted]: connect to localhost:2401 failed: Connection refused

In wincvs 1.2 (using its own cvs?)
the command will still make a file readable, and put a copy in CVS/Base

in win cvs 1.3.15.1 (using cvsnt)
it doesn't do anything.

According to the help file on cvs1.10
"When using client/server CVS, you can use the cvs edit and cvs unedit
commands even if CVS is unable to succesfully communicate with the
server; the notifications will be sent upon the next successful CVS
command."

I have tried the commandline cvs edit, and it behaves the same (as expected)

Is this a bug in CVSNT?

When the repository is unavailable, and I have all my files checked out
readonly, I still want to be able to make them readable using "cvs edit".
In addition, this gives me the original in CVS/Base, so I can diff locally.

- Eliot