[cvsnt] CVS network question

Kevin khuml at nospam.nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 31 13:41:48 BST 2004

Hello,

I am new to CVS.  I am using the 2.0.36 version, and am trying to access a
CVS repository on our network.  We have elected not to use SSH, and I am
using the CVSNT.exe command prompt.  I had mapped the drive on the remote
machine and tried to use CVS on this mapped drive to check out a project,
but it wouldnt let me use a mapped drive, unless I used the -N cvs option.
In checking out a project, what is the final syntax?  Without the -N, I
would type cvs -d [remote repository location] checkout [project name].  I
have tried incorporating the -N in the command and have yet to get it to
work.  Sorry for this simple question...

TIA,

Kevin