[cvsnt] nothing known about xxxxx

Carl Zmola carl at membersonlysoftware.com
Mon Mar 29 23:43:49 BST 2004

We just had a mishap.  (CVSNT2.0.26)

 Some files in our repository are being shown as not known.
Here is an example:

cvs server: nothing known about ENTLIST.PAS

The file is in the repository ENTLIST.PAS,v

But the first line is garbled.
insetad of
"head     1.4;
 access;
symbols
blah
"

It has the following.

h a 	 . ; a c s ; s m o s 	 e _Units_Done_Round2:1.5
	March2004ReconcileStart:1.5

It now complains that the file was unkown.

CVSNT server did complain that "Something Bad Happend"

Any suggestions of where I go from here?

Carl Zmola
Carl at MembersOnlySoftware.com
202-328-1698