[cvsnt] Re: Sending mail to users when commiting files ?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon May 3 11:16:20 BST 2004

Florent Gilain wrote:

> antoher question, if i run the installer, i get an error telling me that
> python extensions are not installed, but i just have installed it and reboot
> my computer (i used the "pywin32-201.win32-py2.3.exe" file to install these
> extensions...)

This might be the same bug I experienced with the 200 version of the
extensions, where the PythonPath was not set correctly by the installer
or at least differently from previous versions. My symptom back then was
that WinCvs macros could no longer access the extension modules. I had
to adjust the PythonPath manually and then forgot all about it again.
Maybe it's not yet been fixed in 201. I'll check Sourceforge...

Here's what you would have to do if this is indeed the same issue:

The easiest way to edit the PythonPath is by starting up PythonWin (the
IDE installed by the extension) then from the menu choose Tools|Edit
PythonPath. Now, I'm not entirely sure if all of the following was
actually necessary but that's how my settings look at the moment and it
seems to work:

 From the treeview select the entry labeled "PythonPath". Make sure the
value seen on the right contains the following paths:

[PathToPython]\Lib\site-packages\win32
[PathToPython]\Lib\site-packages\win32\lib
[PathToPython]\Lib\site-packages\win32com

(substitute [PathToPython] with your actual path, mine would be
c:\Progra~1\Python23)

Then right-click the PythonPath folder and choose "Add Key". Name the
new key "win32". The default value for this new key will be the first
two entries from above list (i.e. win32 and win32\lib), semicolon-separated.

Next, create yet another sub-key below PythonPath, name it "win32com"
and assign the default value as the third item above (i.e. the win32com
one).

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver