[cvsnt] Re: still problems with binary delta

Gerd Gerd at WinklerNet.de
Tue May 4 20:10:29 BST 2004

at present I have 3 problem candidates.
- one file could not become commited - 3 days later functioned it. In the
meantime some tags were set.
- 2 file could not update in other sandbox. I deleted the ,v-files and added
it again. (fortunately there were only few revisions)

Unfortunately I cannot place the problem behind - it is however always
connected with one branch.

I use WinCVS and added the file binary (-kb), afterwards I changed the
option with "admin -kB file" and "update file".

Gerd

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:teqe90tiejaa5m0b0gigk8c91laf0enei1 at 4ax.com...
> On Tue, 4 May 2004 09:23:02 +0200, "Gerd" <Gerd at WinklerNet.de> wrote:
>
> >I changed a binary delta file in my branch sandbox and checked in.(1.1 ->
1.1.2.1)
> >additionally a revision 1.2 exists in the Main trunk.
> >Afterwards I have problems with this file:
> >
> >- the command "cvs -z9 update -p -r 1.1 FONTS.SP2 (in directory
D:\MKZ\ERH\SYS\)" in my branch-sandbox hangs and I only can kill the task
(cvs.exe) on the server. This effrect and other I have only with binary
delta files in a branch.

> >- the command "cvs -z9 update -p -r 1.1 FONTS.SP2 (in directory
C:\MKZ\ERH\SYS\)" in my main-sandbox works fine.