[cvsnt] Re: Cannot connect to lock server

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 6 23:17:37 BST 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004 12:08:01 -0700, "Magnus McElroy" <foo at you.com>
wrote:

>Bo:
>
>Thanks for your help. When I upgrade, would you recommend 2000 Pro or XP
>Pro? I understand that it will work on either, but if there's a horrible
>problem with CVSNT on one of them, I'd like to know.
>
>Thanks again.

CVSNT works fine on anyone of these operating systems. There are no
known operating system problems for W2000 Pro/Server and XP Pro apart
from odd cases when Microsoft raises security levels via application
of a service pack. But that has nothing at all to do with CVSNT, all
software is affected by these measures.
I have also tested (not extensively though) with Windows 2003 and
CVSNT works good there too.
Beware of one thing though:
AntiVirus software can seriously cripple CVSNT when it intercepts the
disk accesses that CVSNT does all the time. Best is to disable or
uninstall AV at least for the disk that the repository is located on.
If this is not an option, then the next best thing is to select a
"CVSNT-compatible" AV brand. I have heard that Norto AV works fairly
well with CVSNT. Others may not...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)