[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt web on Windows partially working

libogen . libogen at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 13:32:37 BST 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004 16:31:05 +1000 "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>The updates are in CVSWEB NT 1.93.2.3 (cvswebnt_193_2_3.zip)

That's the one I used but not with CVSNT's rcsutils. I've now tried CVSNT's
rcsutils but those are tightly tied-in with CVSNT's cvs.exe and I get an
error when running rlog (probably due to running on Win98). I won't explain
the error as it's not related to CVSNT ;-)

>ViewCVS which Bo mentioned is also certainly worth a look if you like
>Python!

I've had and am having problems getting ViewCVS to work on Win98SE and like
that CVSWEB NT only needs two files to be placed in the cgi-bin ;-)

On Mon, 10 May 2004 00:48:13 +0200 Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at telia.com>
wrote:

> >I hope this is the right place to ask questions about CVSWEB NT :)
>
>No, it is not.
>This is for CVSNT...

I posted to this list as CVSWEB NT's website pointed me here (to cvsnt's
website & newsgroup actually).

This reply will be my last post on this matter, promise! :-)

> >I'm working on a local filesystem CVS repo on Win98SE using TortoiseCVS.
>
>Even more off: CVSNT does not run on W98 and similar non-NT systems...
>
>But, probably you are using a CVSNT *client* against your local
>repository

"working on a local filesystem repo"... using local protocol.

>and now you failed to mention the most valuable
>information:
>Which version of CVSNT executable are you using?

I'm a failure, thank you :(

Yep I forgot to mention that detail. TortoiseCVS 1.6.8 which uses CVSNT
2.0.34 (client).

No need to reply, I'm now loading a single bullet....JOKING (about the
bullet not the reply)!

Regards,
Kieran