[cvsnt] Tortoise 'eats' characters from cmd.exe

Friedrich Niederreiter friedrichniederreiter at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 16:27:58 BST 2004

Hello,

I am working with CVSNT 2.0.41 and Tortoise/PLink(SSH)
and Win2000, but not as a heavy user. After performing
an update command I recognized that my cmd.exe (which
was open all day) did not take the keys 's' and 'c',
either with or without the shift key. New instances of
cmd.exe also ignore these keys. Other applications
(such as my email client) do work. I know this sounds
absolutely weird and probably has nothing to do with
Tortoise, but I have seen this timely coincidence
several times before that makes me believe that
Tortoise "is playing with my keyboard". Has anybody
else experienced such a behaviour?

Thanks

Friedrich Niederreiter

PS: If the letter "v" would also be eaten, the
suppression of "cvs" would be perfect.... ;-)