[cvsnt] cvs commit failing to create new version

Mark Victory mark.victory at powervr.com
Thu May 13 10:41:26 BST 2004

Torsten Martinsen wrote:

> Mark Victory wrote:
>
> >However if I then edit my local copy of the file and
> >commit the changes, CVS returns with:
> >
> >	cvs commit: Examining .
> >	Checking in newfile.txt;
> >	/cvsrepo/imghcm/newfile.txt,v  <--  newfile.txt
> >	new revision: 1.2; previous revision: 1.1
> >	done
> >
> >but the archive on the server remains unchanged.
> >
> How do you determine that the archive is unchanged?
>
> -Torsten

By examining the archive file in the repository. No mention of version 1.2
ever appears in it (as a consequence cvs log also only reports version 1.1)
******************
This e-mail has been sent from Imagination Technologies Limited.
PowerVR, Metagence, Ensigma and PURE Digital are divisions
of Imagination Technologies Limited.

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment,
is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely
for the addressee(s) and access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying or distribution or use of the information contained in this
e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then
delete it from your system.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure,
error or virus-free.  The sender does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions which arise as a result.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the author, except
where the author specifies and, with authority, states them to be the
views of Imagination Technologies Ltd.