[cvsnt] Re: AtomicCommits

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu May 13 19:32:19 BST 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 11:54:27 -0400, "Manoli, Jean-Claude"
<Jean-Claude.Manoli at snclavalin.com> wrote:

>I tried setting AtomicCommits to "yes" in the cvsroot/config file, but I was
>then unable to commit anyting to the repository: the commit command
>succeeds, but the file is never updated in the repository.  Am I missing
>something?  I'm using CVSNT 2.0.41.
>
>Is the AtomicCommits feature stable and usable in production?

AtomicCommits was always a hack (more to prove that it was possible
than anything else).  Since CVS is already atomic at the file level
(and checkouts are atomic using a separate mechanism) there's really
no point in using it in production.

As of .42 it's disabled anyway as it conflicts with the newer code &
murders concurrency.