[cvsnt] Update Merge removes files

Stuart Stevens stuart_stevens at sierralogic.com
Sat May 15 08:29:25 BST 2004

Hi

I performed an update merge using two tags on my sandbox and all files
(hundreds) were removed except those that were tagged (four).  The update
reported the files as "R" and the files were removed from the local sandbox.
No changes to the repository were made and there was no problem building a
new sandbox.  The sandbox was checkout'd from a branch.  This has happened
twice and I have not been able to repeat the problem.

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.8 (client/server)

Example command that is NOT "remove"ing files now:

cvs update -P -jG_2238 -jG_2238_pre (in directory C:\fw\t3\sr)

I have been trying to reproduce what I believe was incorrect behavior.  Was
this a possible bug or is there some combination of the update merge which
will "remove" files without the merge tags?

thanks
Stuart