[cvsnt] Re: Annotate Commands?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue May 18 14:40:30 BST 2004

Since you are writing advanced cvs command scripts it was assumed you knew
about the meaning of "sandbox"....

The "sandbox" is s short word for a working file set checked out of CVS.
In each of the file set folders there is a hidden CVS subfolder containing
vital administrative files for the management of the file set.

Any cvs command issued within a sandbox folder will see by the existence
of the CVS subfolder that this is a sandbox and go there to pick up all
the needed extra data like which server to connect to using which protocol etc.

HTH

Bo

> Also, you're not sending the file information - annotate uses the
> sandbox and needs the entry lines for the current directory.
>
> If all you want to do is annotate a specific file in the repository
> just use the remote annotate (rannotate):

OK, I have absolutely no idea what a sandbox is. I do have these files
stored in a separate working directory somewhere. I edit them in that
directgory and use commit commands (TortoiseCVS) to update the main
repository. That all works fine. So is this working directory the sandbox?