[cvsnt] Re: Lock server timeout?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri May 21 12:20:59 BST 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004 10:34:44 +0100, "Harrison, Andrew"
<andy.harrison at anite.com> wrote:

>Occasionally if two people try to access the same module at the same time,
>and whoever gets there second has to wait for the lock of the first, the
>lock server times out. The cvs server reports a "waiting for lock" message
>once a second, and then gives up after 20 seconds.
>
>Is there any way to change these periods? eg, report the warning every 10
>seconds and keep trying for 60.

It's hardcoded in the code...  you could build your own version I
suppose.  The only time you'll ever see it for 20 seconds though is
for something like a tag, and even that's fixed in the newer versions
so it'd be unusual to lock for more than a couple of seconds (two
people doing large commits may see this I guess).