[cvsnt] basic startup configuration

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva esilva at tmt-motoco.com.br
Fri May 21 20:51:09 BST 2004

i just installed cvsnt on a new server. I installed the pserver protocol, which is what i want to use. In addition to that, i selected the checkbox that says that i want to use local users rather than domain users.

when trying to add a new repository "control panel => cvs for nt", i go the message asking me if i wanted to start the service. I clicked yes, but a message popped up saying that i should run the command line "cvs -d c:\cvsrepo init". C:\cvsrepo is the internal server path for my repository.

So i went to c:\program files\cvsnt and typed the command above. Te command line just seemed to accept the command and wne to the next line. After this, i restarted the service.

I understood everything was ok.

Now i came to my wincvs. Admin->Preferences:
Authentication: pserver
Host address: server ip address
user: <blank>

After hitting OK, this is what i did:

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

NEW CVSROOT: 10.1.56.104:/cvsrepo (password authentication)
CVSROOT change will only take effect when commands are run from a non-CVS folder.
To change the CVSROOT of an existing sandbox please use the ChangeRoot macro.

changing CVSROOT  to 10.1.56.104:/cvsrepo ...
checking C:\Documents and Settings\esilva\My Documents\CVSCheckout_Remote ...	no Root file!
Changed 0 Root entries.

cvs -d :pserver:10.1.56.104:/cvsrepo login
Logging in to :pserver:esilva at 10.1.56.104:2401:/cvsrepo
cvs [login aborted]: /cvsrepo: no such repository

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I believe i should also say that i have a local cvsnt server running on my computer. this is why i had to change the cvsroot. I'm trying to take all i have on my local server to this new server.

can anybody help me, please? i have done this a few times already and this is the first time i can't get the server running.

thanks to all.

- eduardo