[cvsnt] Re: Eclipse 3.0 M8 and CVSNT 2.0.41

Site - Depto de Desenvolvimento desenvolvimento.ss at bol.com.br
Sat May 22 04:22:34 BST 2004

Erik,

I have the same versions and all work fine, but with some differents
configurations.

CONFIG: Eclipse 3.0 M8 and CVSNT 2.0.41a and Windows XP Professional

1. The CVS need of a network and the Windows XP Home Edition not have.
2. The File System have that be NTFS, nothing of FAT, VFAT or FAT32. The CVS
need of security.
3. Check if the services are initializeds in:
        Menu Start --> Control Panel --> CVS for NT --> tab: Service Status
4. On tab: Advanced, set the follow checkboxes:
    [  ] Impersonation enable
    [x] Use local users for pserver authentication insted of domain users
    [  ] Don't resolve clint names
    [x] Lockserver listens locally only
    [x] Pretend to be a UNIX CVS version (Eclipse and IBM WebSphere IDEs
need this option)

For authentication with domain users you 'll need of SSH (Secure Shell).
But you don't have a Windows Server with Active Directory on network, right
?

Hope that help you.

Best Regards,

Fernando Santucci