[cvsnt] target machine not accepting connection

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva esilva at tmt-motoco.com.br
Tue May 25 15:51:52 BST 2004

OK, when i try to login to the cvsnt server from my wincvs, i get the message:

cvs [login aborted]: connect to <server>:2401 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

So i decied to follow item 2.9 on Installation Tips, Adding CVS Users to see what happens, which on all my prior cvs setups i never had to do.

* My server is a windows 2000 professional
Ok, i type: set cvsroot=:<my computer_ip>:/teste
where <my computer_ip> is a ip address and teste is the repository i created.

this set cvsroot line is ok.

then i type: cvs passwd -r <account> -a <username>

after that i expect to be prompted the password, but i receive the message saying that is not a valid password and that i should try cvs login instead. but that's what i'm trying to do!!! set the user and password.

Ok, i'm officially lost. Don't know what to do. Can anybody help me, please?

I know i have installed pserver and sspi protocols. I know i have setup the prefix and repository correctly. no what?

thanks to all.

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva
TMT - Motoco do Brasil Ltda
Industrial Automation Analyst