[cvsnt] Able to connect and import, BUT UNABLE TO CHECKOUT (and other ?)

Franck Charlemagne fcharlemagne at lecsoft.com
Wed May 26 09:25:20 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm using CVSNT 2.0.41a onto Windows XP Pro.
The settings are the folowing :
[X]Impersonation enabled
[X]Use local users for pserver authentification instead of domain users
[   ]Don't resolve client names (debug settings)
[X]Lockserver listens locally only
[  ]Prevend to be a Unix CVS version

CVS server port : 2401
Lock Server : localhost / 2402

I don't use domain users or workgroup.

On the client level, I tried TortoiseCVS 1.6.12 and WinCvs 1.3.17.1.beta17
but in the both case I can't do basic actions like checkout. In both cases,
I used the following :
- sspi method
- CVSROOT is :sspi:workit at Cvs_server:2401/test, where workit is the user,
Cvs_server the server machine, and test my repository.

I success to import a module called XMLproject with both client tools :
files are visible on the server tree.

In TortoiseCVS, I right-clicked onto the local folder XMLproject, and
trigger "emprunter un module" (i.e checkout), and I got the following
message :

 In C:\DOCUME~1\FCHARL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ : C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q -Q -x co -c
 CVSROOT=:sspi:workit at Cvs_server:2401/test

 Success : CVS operation done

 In C:\DOCUME~1\FCHARL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ : C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q -Q -x ls -q /
 CVSROOT=:sspi:workit at Cvs_server:2401/test

 cvs server: Error connecting to host localhost: No such host is known.

 cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

 Error : CVS operation failed

In WinCVS, I can login with sspi with success.
With CVSROOT well positionned (with sspi method), when I try a checkout for
XMLPorject module, I got the following error :
cvs checkout -P XMLProject (in directory C:\sandbox)
cvs server: Updating XMLProject
cvs server: Error connecting to host localhost: No such host is known.

cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

Roughly speaking, I got a similar error both in TortoiseCVS and WinCVS. So I
assume that problem is onto server side, but where ?

Any idea will be helpful !
Thanks.