[cvsnt] Watched binary files idiosyncrasy

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Fri May 28 12:25:51 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> writes:

> You can put it in your CVSROOT/cvsrc, so it's then the default.

Thank you for reminding me to this feature. I planned to use it for
other options long time ago, but never finished doing it.

I have one question about the CVSROOT/cvsrc file I can not find in the
documentation. I understand that it's not part of the administrative
files one can checkout with the CVSROOT module. So I have to edit it
on the server, right? When I can't find it on the server I can safely
add a new file and it starts working? Or do I have to add it to my
checkout of CVSROOT?

So many questions... thanks for any help!

O. Koltermann

PS: What is this sort of file called? It's not an administrative file
like 'modules'. It looks more like the file 'admin' I use to specify
administrative users in out pserver installation. What other files of
this kind are used by CVSNT - is there a list in the documentation?